
Title
Section across The fourth Eddystone lighthouse
Caption
Section across the fourth Eddystone lighthouse built on the Stone 13 miles South-east of Polperro, Cornwall, England. Built by the English civil engineer John Smeaton (1724-1792) beginning in 1756 it was in operation for 127 years. Engraving from "Lives of the Engineers" by Samuel Smiles (London, 1862).
Info+
Photos12.com - Ann Ronan Picture Library
Credit line
Photo12/Ann Ronan Picture Library
Reference
ARP07113_010289P
License type
Rights managed
Available size
36,3Mb (1,8Mb) / 11,9in x 11,8in / 3578 x 3543 (300dpi)