
Sujet
The Double Lock
Légende
The Double Lock, & East Entrance to the Islington Tunnel, Regent's Canal, London. These are pound locks. The building of the canal was authorised by Parliament in 1812, and in 1820 it joined the Grand Junction Canal at Paddington Basin. Illustration by Thomas Hosmer Shepherd (c1817-c1842) from "London and its Environs in the Nineteenth Century" (London, 1828).
Info+
Photos12.com - Ann Ronan Picture Library
Crédit
Photo12/Ann Ronan Picture Library
Notre référence
ARP07114_010815C
Licence
Droits gérés
Format disponible
21,8Mo (1,6Mo) / 30,0cm x 18,2cm / 3543 x 2147 (300dpi)