
Sujet
'The Double Lock and East Entrance to the Islington Tunnel, Regent's Canal', 1827. Artist: Frederick James Havell
Légende
'The Double Lock and East Entrance to the Islington Tunnel, Regent's Canal', 1827; showing two horse drawn canal boats passing through the lock, approaching the tunnel. The Regent's Canal was built from 1812 and the Islington Tunnel, which at three quarters of a mile long (878 metres) is the longest canal tunnel in London, was completed in 1819. The first steam tug in Britain was introduced here in 1826.
Oxford Science Archive
Date
1827
Crédit
Photo12/Heritage Images
Notre référence
HRM19B63_362
Model release
Non
Licence
Droits gérés
Format disponible
40,1Mo (3,1Mo) / 37,6cm x 26,7cm / 4444 x 3150 (300dpi)