
Sujet
Bull Ring Centre, Birmingham, 14/11/1963. Creator: John Laing plc.
Légende
Bull Ring Centre, Birmingham, 14/11/1963. Dignitaries touring stalls during the official opening of the retail market at the Bull Ring Centre. On 14th November 1963, the retail market at the Bull Ring development was opened by the Lord Mayor of Birmingham, Alderman Dr. Louis Glass, JP. The new retail market replaced the old Market Hall building, which was originally built in 1835 but had suffered serious damage from an air strike in the Second World War. The general section of the new market housed 154 stalls, with a further 42 in the separate fish and poultry section. The dignitaries shown in the photograph are Lord Mayor of Birmingham, the Lady Mayoress, and Councillor Mrs Nan Smith, Chairman of the Markets and Fairs Committee.
Date
1963
Crédit
Photo12/Heritage Images/Historic England
Notre référence
HRM22A00_089
Model release
Non
Property release
Non
Licence
Droits gérés
Format disponible
82,1Mo (3,7Mo) / 45,2cm x 45,5cm / 5342 x 5370 (300dpi)